This is a 2 part assignment:
Assignment: Part 1
Write an essay (1000-1250 words) that addresses the following topics. Be sure to follow APA writing style conventions.
- How are language, culture, and thinking related?
- How do children become bilingual?
- What are the advantages of bilingualism?
- What strategies can be put in place to support development and
maintenance of the first of home language among children served who are
Assignment: Part 2
Write an essay (1200 words) that addresses the following topics. Be sure to follow APA writing style conventions.
1. After reviewing the required article formulate your own
opinion in response to the articles claims. Do you agree or disagree
with the argument AGAINST bilingual education? If you agree that there
should NOT be bilingual education, present your argument that supports
this article and include an additional three resources to further
support the claim. If you disagree with this article’s claim, present
your argument that discusses why bilingual education SHOULD be
considered and use at least three outside resources to support your