“The Personal Essay”
Topic : Budgeting for Success!
Let’s use this space as a brainstorming platform for our first essay. Please respond to the following:
- Brainstorm a list of reasons why you chose the category and topic that you did. Note: This list does not have to be perfectly organized! Remember that a brainstorm is a way to uncover information.
- Now brainstorm why these reasons are meaningful to you.
- Lastly, explain WHY it is essential you will use the First Person Point of View (“I”) in order for this essay to work. Also, explain why you should not use the second person (“you”) in academic writing.
this is two parts
Assignment 1: Personal Essay
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Write a personal reflection on why you chose the topic that you did. Include three (3) reasons why the topic is meaningful to you.
Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
- Include a clear introduction and thesis statement.
- Identify the three reasons why this category and topic are meaningful to you.
- Each main body paragraph should match the reasons stated in your thesis. Suggested paragraph length is 5-7 sentences each.
- Include a clear conclusion that restates your thesis.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Note: The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.