In Chapter 10 there are many theories of motivation and coaching. For this Assignment, you will analyze a case study and suggest how to incorporate one of the theories to address the situation in the case study.
First, take the Leadership Skill Building Exercise 10-1 and 10.2 and Self-Assessment Quiz 10.2 and 10.3 which will provide insights on motivation, recognition and coaching. Then read the four case studies below, choose ONE of the situations to address and apply one of the motivation theories in Chapter 10. Answer the following questions based on your chosen case study and theory. There are no “right” or “wrong” choices of theory. The idea is to analyze the best theory to use to address the scenario and then provide your rationale on your choice.
- Leadership Case Problem A
- We Need More Engagement Around Here (End of Chapter 10)
- The Rapid Cash Store Needs Ideas (End of Chapter 11)
- Leadership Case Problem B
- Tyler faces a Feedback Challenge (End of Chapter 10)
- How Can We Encourage a Few Disrupters? (End of Chapter 11)
- Which scenario did you chose and what is the motivation/ coaching theory you will use to address the situation?
- How can your chosen theory address the case study? Provide specifics of the theory and how you would apply the elements of the theory to the scenario.
- What are the outcomes you seek?
- Explain two strengths of using your chosen theory.
- Explain two challenges or weaknesses of using your chosen theory.
- Using the ideas in the text, explain how you would address the weaknesses.
- Why did you choose the theory to address the case study instead of any of the other theories?
Answers to the questions should be in sentence/paragraph format. Copy and paste the questions into a Word document and place your answers below each question. The paper should be two to four pages, not including title and reference pages. The paper should be typed, double-spaced, follow APA style guidelines, and it should be written in Standard American English with well-organized and original thoughts supported by the text material. Be sure to use correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. You should incorporate the text material using proper APA in-text citations and References.
DuBrin, A. J. (2015). Leadership: Research findings, practice, and