UNIT 5 TEXT QUESTIONS
Please answer all questions.
- What factors determine whether to call 9-1-1?
- How is a mandated reporter different from the average citizen?
- Who can benefit from support groups in the community?
- Is depression a lifelong condition? Explain your answer.
- How do medical professionals determine what kind of technology to use when diagnosing illness?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Describe a situation in which an emergency helicopter might be used even through a hospital was not far away.
- Explain why it is important that even young children learn to dial 9-1-1.
- Why is it a good idea to call a hotline if you are not sure whether what you have witnessed is actually abuse?
- Give an example of a reason a person would chose to see a mental health professional even though there is not a medical problem.
- How might an individual’s substance abuse problem impact friends and family?
Please post questions and answers on the Unit 5 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.