1. Why is it important to set short-term goals leading up to a long-term goal?
2. What is the purpose of a resume?
3. What factors should you consider when evaluating job opportunities? Name at least three.
4. How can you break down any barriers of communication when mentoring someone? Give an example.
5. How can you give constructive feedback effectively?
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Name your top two to three work values and explain why these values are important to you.
2. Why do you think it is inappropriate to list family members as references on a resume?
3. Do you think Volunteer Match is an effective way of finding volunteer opportunities? Why or why not?
4. Which of the professional organizations covered in this unit would you be most interested in joining? Why?
5. Compare and contrast your job searching experiences using Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com.