For the Session Long Project (SLP) this session you will be applying what youâ€™ve learned to an organization that you are personally familiar with. Choose an organization that you are currently working for, have worked for in the past, or are otherwise personally familiar with. The papers that you will write for each module will require a fair amount of detail about the four functions of management, so it is important to choose an organization that you know well.
Before starting this assignment, first thoroughly review the background material and make sure you have a solid understanding of the planning function of management. Then carefully think about the strategy of the organization you have chosen to write about as well as how strategic decisions are made at this organization. Then write a three page paper covering the following issues:
- What are the main strategic goals of your organization?
- Perform a strategic analysis of your organization using SWOT or PEST analysis, and make some recommendations for your organization based on your analysis.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; donâ€™t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13 and 14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the â€œWriting Style Guide,â€ which is found under â€œMy Resourcesâ€ in the TLC Portal.