- describe parenting practices of 3 generations of your family members, another family you interview, or general practices of generations based on research you find. For example, how did each generation address issues such as education, extracurricular activities, breastfeeding, sleeping arrangements, religious involvement, etc.? Include brief demographic information (e.g., sex, age, region of the country) Note: 3 different generations means 3 different time periods, not 3 different people.
- Now review the chart/table and discuss the following:
- How were the parenting practices similar and different between generations?
- Explain the concept of cohort effects. What cohort effects (e.g. historical or social events) might have influenced the parenting practices of each generation you described?
- Identify and explain contextual factors (other than cohort effects) described by Kotchick and Forehand (2002) that might have influenced the parenting practices of each generation you described.
- Why is it important to understand contextual factors, including cohort effects, when researching differences in parenting practices?
Generation 1: Years children were raised (19XX-XXXX)
Generation 2: Years
Generation 3: Years
Parenting Practice 1: Education
Parenting Practice 2:
Parenting Practice 3:
Parenting Practice 4:
Present the chart or table and your comments in a 3-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include introductory and concluding paragraphs in your paper, and an APA style reference page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document name should be SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
https://gradehunters.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/logo-300x60.png 0 0 paul https://gradehunters.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/logo-300x60.png paul2021-06-29 17:00:052021-06-29 17:00:05parenting practices over generations 11