1. Explain the security mechanisms available for a database and how the data will be protected. (research and this can be done on security mechanisms available in general for databases or for a particular application)
2. Explain how to defeat SQL injection attacks since the database will be publicly accessible. (research, I have posted some resources in another announcement)
3. Graphically depict the physical design of your database using Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length. (If you do not use Oracle ensure it is a database program you are using. Also do NOT send me the database file as it should all be screenshots)
4. List the SQL commands you will use to create your database tables. Note: Be sure that each table has at least ten (10) records that you create so you will be able to produce reports later on. (In your paper you are listing SQL commands to create the tables and to insert the data into the tables….so create table and insert into commands written out)
5. Implement the tables in Oracle’s 11g relational database management system (see software requirement above) and verify its evidence through the implementation of screen shots in the written paper. Note: Remember, this is the physical implementation of your logical design from prior assignments so your grade will reflect the degree that you are able to accurately realize your blueprints from the logical designs you developed previously. This will form the basis of your grade. In addition to submitting your SQL code for this requirement, you must submit screen shots of your tables. (your screenshots must show both the table creation and the records in the tables so if you were to use Microsoft Access I would expect to the the design view of the tables and the datasheet view of each table)Also realize this has to be on restaurant as we have been doing and that you should have at least 3 tables as otherwise next week you will not be able to complete the lab. )
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. (Ensure you use both full and in text references as would be expected for #1 and 2 above)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed screenshots must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.