Review each of the following video cases:
- Health IT success story: Portal enhances patient-centered preventative care
- Health IT success story: Using IT to fight care fragmentation
- Health IT success: Quality measures for interoperable electronic health records
Select one of these cases and address the following questions in your paper:
- What part does the AHRQ play in health care information systems acquisition?
- What are the major concerns? What alternatives would you provide to alleviate these concerns?
- What, if any, value(s) is/are added to health care information systems through acquisition?
- How might this system advance or devalue patient care delivery?
- Can/should the current system be maintained? Explain your answer.
- What does the literature state about this type of implementation/acquisition?
- Who is/are the gatekeeper(s) in this type of acquisition?
- How is cost impacted with this system?
- What was the initial reaction to the system implementation/acquisition?
- How does this quality implementation/acquisition impact your chosen topic for your Final Proposal and Presentation? This response only needs to be about a paragraph in length.
The Case Analysis:
- Must be 1200 to 1800 words in length, double-spaced and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.