Management Info Systems questions- MUST BE ANSWERED SEPARATELY
- <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = G ?>
How does Porter’s competitive forces model help companies develop competitive strategies using information systems?
- Define Porter’s competitive forces model and explain how it works.
- List and describe four competitive strategies enabled by information systems that firms can pursue.
- Describe how information systems can support each of these competitive strategies and give examples.
- Explain why aligning IT with business objectives is essential for strategic use of systems.
How do the value chain and value web models help businesses identify opportunities for strategic information system applications?
- Define and describe the value chain model.
- Explain how the value chain model can be used to identify opportunities for information systems.
- Define the value web and show how it is related to the value chain.
- Explain how the value web helps businesses identify opportunities for strategic information systems.
Describe how the Internet has changed competitive forces and competitive adHow do information systems help businesses use synergies, core competencies, and network-based strategies to achieve competitive advantage?
- Explain how information systems promote synergies and core competencies.
- Describe how promoting synergies and core competencies enhances competitive advantage.
- Explain how businesses benefit by using network economics.
- Define and describe a virtual company and the benefits of pursuing a virtual company strategy.
- Explain how disruptive technologies create strategic opportunities.
How do competing on a global scale and promoting quality enhance competitive advantage?
- Describe how globalization has increased opportunities for businesses.
- List and describe the four main ways of organizing a business internationally and the types of systems configuration for global business organizations.
- Define quality and compare the producer and consumer definitions of quality.
- Describe the various ways in which information systems can improve quality.
What is the role of business process management (BPM) in enhancing competitiveness?
- Define BPM and explain how it helps firms become more competitive.
- Distinguish between BPM and business process reengineering (BPR).