Create a timeline with some of the most important events in the history of Science during modern times.
Timelines usually consist of major or important events that occurred during a specific period of time. So, for your timeline:
- The period of time compressed between late 19th century and present day.
- Pick 10 important events in Science that have occurred in this period of time. Your timeline can as general as you want or it can have a theme, like: Women in Science in the 20th Century, or Advances in Biology in the 20the century, etc…
- For each of the events add: Date, Event, short description, names (if appropriate), photo that represents the event.
Your assignment will be graded on the following items:
- Your Name
- Timeline with
- 10 Dates of events in chronological order.
- A brief description of each event.
- A picture of each event.
- As short project summary (1 paragraph) that describes the timeline and answers these questions:
- Why you picked those events?
- What is the correlation between the events? for example: all advance in medicine, or contribution of women scientist, etc…
- How those events affect the development and progress of science?
In addition, a peer review of 2 other students work is also required. You must acknowledge two dates on each students’ timeline and discuss the relevance of those dates. Peer reviews will be assigned after the due date and you will have that weekend to complete them.
The timeline can be either vertical or horizontal.
To create a timeline in word follow these instructions: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-timeline-9c4448a9-99c7-4b0e-8eff-0dcf535f223c (Links to an external site.)