What are the pros and cons of relying on test coverage as an indicator of testing quality?
Analysis should be at least 350 and less than 550 words.
Assignment Description: Define test coverage, statement coverage, decision coverage and branch coverage, and identify how each is measured.
Requirements driven versus Exploratory Testing Exercise
Assignment Description: Testing Scenario: You are hired to test a parking lot calculation application. This application is provided for the convenience of travelers that use a certain parking lot, and provides them with an estimate of the costs they should expect to pay when parking on that lot. There are different sections of the lot, and each has a different pricing level associated with it. There is short-term, economy, long-term surface, long-term garage and valet parking. As a bonus, if you park in the economy lot, your 7th day of parking is free.
- Review the test conditions and test cases from Week 6 for the parking calculation application.
- Test the parking calculation application located at: http://adam.goucher.ca/parkcalc/
- Test each of your test cases from Week 6 and document your findings.
- Re-test the application thoroughly using the black-box testing techniques from Week 7 and the exploratory testing techniques from this week, Refer to the testing checklist as well.Document the results of your test findings.
- Observe your test results. Which testing techniques were most effective for you and why?
Weekly Discussion Forum Posts
Post an original thread of 300 to 450 words in response to the following topic in this weekâ€™s discussion forum. (20 points)
Discussion Forum Topic: In what situations are experience-based techniques like exploratory testing most valuable and how do they compare to requirements driven testing techniques using well-crafted test conditions and test cases?