An abstract is required. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Part 1: Older Adult Development Interview
Review the various theories of Aging in Chapters 14 and 15 of the text.
Interview a person of your choice (they may be your parents, relatives, or friends). These questions must address the following:
- Cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development during the interviewee’s Maturity stage of adulthood (age 65 or older).
- How peers influenced the interviewee during his or her lifetime.
- What people and/or events influenced the interviewee’s development of morals?
- How the interviewee’s experiences have formulated who he or she is as a mature adult.
Note: American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines indicate that interviewees have the right to refuse to answer any question posed to them by an interviewer. Please ensure that your interviewees are aware of this, and do not force them to answer where the opportunity to reply has been refused.
Pick one of the theories reviewed in Chapters 14 and 15 of the text.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a paper of 750-1,000 words, discussing the selected theory and how it relates to your interview. Include the following in your paper:
- A description of the selected theory.
- A description of your interviewee (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.)
- How the interviewee’s responses illustrate the selected theory. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss the ethical and cultural strategies for promoting resilience, optimum development, and wellness in older adults.
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the text in your paper.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.3.f: Systemic and environmental factors that affect human development, functioning, and behavior.
2.F.3.h: A general framework for understanding differing abilities and strategies for differentiated intervention.
2.F.3.i: Ethical and culturally relevant strategies for promoting resilience and optimum development and wellness across the lifespan