Create a week-long unit, composed of three individual lesson plans on literacy, utilizing the Common Core or your stateâ€™s literacy strands for that grade level. These strands should include reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language.
Use the â€œCOE Lesson Plan Templateâ€ for each of the lessons. You may adapt any previous assignments in the creation of this mini-unit plan,
as long as the lessons form a planned, cohesive unit.
The unit should include the following:
- Lesson activities that include reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language/vocabulary and are aligned to state or national standards.
- A grade-level appropriate text selection.
- Use of at least one digitalresource that promotes effective communication and creates opportunities for active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction in the classroom.
- Connection, through instruction or assessment, to studentsâ€™ prior learning knowledge and studentsâ€™ personal culture/background.
- Formative and summative assessment strategies to promote learning.
- At least one homework or an extension activity that encourages students to apply what they learned in the unit to literacy in a different curricular content area like science, social studies, or mathematics.
- Differentiation of strategies, assessments, and extension activities for all of the following: Students with special needs, gifted students, and English language learners.
Along with the unit, write a 250-500 word rationale describing your reasoning for your instructional choices, your integration of reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language, and your differentiation for various learning needs. Be sure to cite any resources used.
-For grade to fill in ESOL endorsement Kinder class/FL STATE standard
-Fill in questionnaire