Vital Signs: HR 86, RR 22, BP 126/82, Temp 98.9, O2 sat-100%
Personal History:Perinatal: Not assessed.
Childhood: No known learning disabilities.
Adolescence: Reports good academic functioning. Report some difficulty making friends. identifies as bisexual. Prefers individual activities such as reading and watching TV rather than spending time with peers.
Trauma/Abuse History: Denies bullying or other trauma.
Jasmine has agreed to be transferred to an ED.
This is an unfolding case study which we will be utilizing for this discussion
- What strategies can the ED nurses use to build a therapeutic nurse-client relationship? (Elaborate on at least 3 important points)
- BOX 5.3 Values Clarification Exercise: Identify your values first and then rank your top five values.
- How would you use therapeutic use of self to establish a relationship with Jasmine?
- Choose Peplau’s preconceptions to anticipate barriers Jasmine may encounter in the ED?
- Before Jasmine leaves she states, “Thank you for everything. I feel like we became friends.” How will you define the relationship to Jasmine?
- Add a question: After you have analyzed the content from the discussion board, please add a question to the end of your initial post regarding the reading material for the week.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer-reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.