Select a diagnosis from the following:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bipolar Disorder
- Other type of diagnosis with instructor approval
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about your selected diagnosis. Use headings and include the following in your paper:
brief summary of the chosen disorder that includes symptoms,
prevalence, development, and course according to the most recent version
of the DSM.
- An explanation of the types of tools that
would be used in order to make a diagnosis of the disorder. One tool
described should be the DSM‘s cross-cutting symptom measure.
- A minimum of two recommended psychological tests that could be used for the selected diagnosis.
each of the tests listed, include an explanation if the test is
considered reliable and valid (use the Mental Measurements Yearbook in
the GCU Online Library for this information). The Mental Measurements
Yearbook can be found by navigating to the following link, then
scrolling to the Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print: http://library.gcu.edu/Database/Subject?subject=Counseling_And_Psychology.
- Would a personality assessment be an appropriate tool for diagnosis? Why or why not?
- Additional information about each test to include the price, length of time to administer, and any other relevant information.
Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Cohen, R. J. & Swerdlik, M. E. (2018). Psychological testing and assessment (9th ed). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.